Qualifications Development Officer
We are seeking someone who has a sound knowledge and understanding of assessment and regulated qualifications. You will use your established communication skills and industry experience to:
- Support the Qualifications Development Managers when working with subject matter experts, sector professionals, academics and employers to design qualification specific resources for new qualifications;
- Carry out market research activities to identify the need and demand for potential new qualifications;
- Obtain support, from various external stakeholders (including Sector Skills Councils, Training Centre’s, industry bodies and employers), to determine the value and recognition of potential qualifications;
- Analyse data, engage with and record feedback from Users of qualifications to help with reviewing performance of assessments, quality of qualifications and supporting resources; and
- Build strong relationships with internal colleagues to pull all elements of the qualification design, development and review process together.
Why work for Qualsafe Group?
Qualsafe employees operate in a relaxed environment where they are encouraged to manage their own workloads alongside the support of the wider team and management. We motivate employees to identify their own training or support needs, encouraging staff to self-reflect on working practices and identify areas they can improve on and progress within.
Qualsafe Awards is one of the largest Ofqual recognised Awarding Organisations in the UK and has been shortlisted for the Federation of Awarding Bodies (FAB) Awarding Organisation of the Year Award in both 2015 & 2016.
With extensive industry knowledge, we have a thorough understanding of what training organisations want and need from an Awarding Organisation. Our aim is to provide our Centres with a cost effective, professional awarding service with high quality standards and exceptional customer care. It is this unique commitment to high standards that has resulted in Qualsafe Awards receiving numerous industry accolades and 97% of our customers scoring our service as Excellent or Very Good.
Duties and responsibilities
The key priorities of this role are:
- Assist in the new design of new qualifications
- Assist in the development and review of existing qualifications
Meet regulatory requirements (Ofqual, Qualifications Wales, Council for Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment)
Duties and responsibilities of the Qualifications Development Officer are:
- Supporting the design of new qualifications and the ongoing development, review and maintenance of existing qualifications, units/components and assessments across a range of sectors
- Carrying out market research activities to identify the need and demand for potential new qualifications
- Working closely with the Business Development Team to produce business cases that support development proposals
- Collecting evidence, through effective communication, that new qualifications are supported by relevant stakeholders (internal and external)
- Writing qualification specific materials that are fit for purpose, while maintaining high quality standards
- Producing qualification assessments that are valid, reliable, minimise bias and are cost effective for Centres to deliver
- Developing a bank of assessments that reduces predictability and maintains the integrity and security of QA assessment papers/tools
- Gathering and monitoring performance data on the take-up of qualifications, difficulty of assessments (pass/fail rates), incidents & investigations, quality assurance issues and reasonable adjustments/special considerations requests to support the review, management and ongoing development of qualifications and resources
- Collecting User feedback, from a variety of sources (including online surveys, EQA reports, etc. ) to support the review, management and ongoing development of qualifications and resources
- Engaging with Centres, employers, subject experts, industry bodies to monitor that qualifications developed are, and continue to be, valued and fit for purpose
- Making changes and updating qualifications and supporting resources as directed by Qualifications Development Manager’s
- Liaising with QA staff responsible for qualifications policy and compliance.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the awarding landscape and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that throughout supporting the design and development process an appropriate level of consideration is taken to meeting regulatory requirements
- Ensure the accuracy and quality standards of all assessments and qualification specific resources are consistently maintained
- Develop knowledge and understanding of how to maintain the validity of new and existing qualifications, throughout the lifecycle
- Testing and live piloting of new qualifications to inform their development
- Set the appropriate criteria for approving Centres, Trainers and IQAs to deliver qualifications
- Agree the quality assurance standards for all new qualifications in line with the quality assurance strategy.
- Work with colleagues throughout the business to ensure all qualifications, assessments and supporting materials are fit for purpose and risk assessed appropriately in line with quality assurance and regulatory requirements
- Work closely with Users of qualifications and the Customer Support and Quality Assurance teams to implement, monitor and improve qualifications for Centres and Learners
- Record and review feedback on qualifications from Users, EQAs and industry experts
- Monitor and review key competitors’ activity and developments to inform qualification design and development processes
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to effectively manage change, implement system changes, identify solutions, develop communication strategy and implement improvements
- Provide support and guidance to Centres with queries relating to qualifications, delivery, assessments and administration
- Engage with external stakeholders, attending relevant events, conferences and meetings to ensure an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of requirements
- Provide accurate and relevant internal communications ensuring key messages are delivered effectively and in a timely manner
- Engage with the relevant departments to develop their knowledge and understanding of qualifications
- Make sure changes to qualifications are completed accurately and effectively
- Work with internal stakeholders to oversee external communications strategy, providing information, guidance and support and where appropriate lead on delivery of the communications
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and understanding of current teaching practices, national occupational standards and principles of assessment/quality assurance
- Develop knowledge and understanding of Ofqual General Conditions of Recognition and other regulatory requirements
- Support the e-Learning Designer to create quality e-Learning that meets the outcomes of qualifications (where relevant)
- Develop knowledge and understanding of regulatory, industry and legal requirements throughout the lifecycle of all qualifications
- Develop knowledge of apprenticeships, funding and any other changes in education policy
- Ensure ISO: 9001 quality standards are maintained, key processes, policies and procedures relating to areas of responsibility, are up to date and relevant.
- Act, at all times, in a way that will not bring Qualsafe Awards, its employees and representatives and the regulators into disrepute.
- Perform any other reasonable duties required on behalf of the business and management.
- Agree, monitor and manage personal achievements
- Contribute to cross-function projects and issues
- Collaborate positively with colleagues across the businesses
- Achieve KPIs specific to the role
- A Teaching, Assessing or Quality Assurance qualification
- 5 GCSE’s (Grade A-C, including Maths and English)
- Health and Social Care related qualification e.g. First Aid at Work, NVQ in Health and Social Care
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English, with a proven ability to provide and present clear documents to a wide range of audiences
- Demonstrable experience of working within in a training/education setting, or awarding body, preferably within the Health and Social Care sector
- Experience of supporting qualification delivery, assessment, quality assurance and administrative processes
- Knowledge and understanding of the vocational qualification sector
- Knowledge of compliance and regulatory requirements
- Experience of working collaboratively
- Knowledge and understanding of assessment and quality assurance strategies and best practice
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A high level of interpersonal skills and professional/personal integrity
- Excellent IT skills, organisational skills and attention to detail
- Flexible approach to work with a focus on delivery to deadlines and high standards
- Experience and understanding of Quality Management Systems e.g. ISO:9001
- Knowledge and understanding of Apprenticeships
- Experience of online training/qualifications/assessments
Planning and organising – able to concentrate on several areas of work concurrently, to think proactively and prioritise workloads with minimum supervision.
Collaborative working – able to build and maintain relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders; to work collaboratively with colleagues, employers, regulators, professional bodies and industry experts to develop qualifications, offer support and resolve issues.
Communication – able to ensure all communication is clearly understood by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and nature of the information; able to understand the importance of good timing, and to evaluate information from a range of sources in a variety of formats.
Resilience – able to demonstrate high levels of self-motivation, with the ability to 'self-start' and demonstrate an approach to work that is characterised by commitment, motivation and enthusiasm.
Flexibility – able to adapt and work effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups. Able to understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives on an issue, to adapt an approach as the requirements of a situation change.