We are currently recruiting for a Compliance Manager to work with and support the CEO (Responsible Officer) to make sure Qualsafe Awards is compliant with relevant regulators’ conditions and requirements. They will work closely with the Managers and their teams to make sure that Qualsafe Awards continues to operate effectively as an Awarding Organisation, conduct internal audits/compliance checks and lead the work involved in self-evaluation, review and enhance processes. They will also maintain and manage the Qualsafe Awards risk register making sure that contingency plans are implemented effectively.
Why work for Qualsafe Awards?
Qualsafe Awards was established and recognised by Ofqual as an awarding organisation in 2011. Since then we have worked together to successfully build the organisation’s reputation of high quality, excellent customer service and streamlined processes. At Qualsafe Awards we value and treat our colleagues well and strive to make it a great place to work. We pride ourselves on providing excellent service to our colleagues and our external customers and we nurture a culture of positive collaboration, team working, respect, inclusivity and support.
The key priorities of this role are:
- To manage and monitor QA’s compliance with all current and relevant regulations, taking appropriate corrective action to address areas of non-compliance
- To provide guidance to staff and management on regulatory activities
- To communicate any changes and/or additional regulatory requirements in a timely manner
- To manage the process of preparing for regulatory audits and gather the relevant data/information or evidence within the timescale
- To review and update QA’s processes, procedures and policies to make sure they are fit for purpose and compliant with regulatory activities
- To manage the document control system making sure that staff have access to appropriate documents
- To record, monitor and manage conflicts of interest within the organisation
- To support the CEO and management team with project managing various programmes of improvement
- To attend relevant industry events and conferences to gather sector and market intelligence to inform the development of the compliance processes and procedures
To achieve in this role, you will need:
Qualifications and experience
- Experience of working and interpreting regulatory frameworks.
- Experience of working with or in an Awarding Organisation.
- Experience of audit and compliance activities.
- Educated to at least degree level or equivalent.
- Experience of risk management and processes involved.
Skills and knowledge
- Knowledge and understanding of the regulatory requirements for an Awarding Organisation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including report writing and presentations skills.
- Leadership, management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical, organisational and planning skills with attention to detail.
Abilities and behaviours
- Ability to simplify information, policies, regulatory requirements or processes.
- Ability to identify and act upon identified risks to the business.
- Ability to lead and chair meetings and working groups.
- Ability to develop and maintain working relationships with a range of contacts at all levels.
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines with a flexible approach to work.
- Ability to motivate, influence and negotiate with key decision makers.
- Be self-motivated, committed and enthusiastic with a positive attitude.
- Ability to adapt and work effectively in a variety of situations.
- Ability to effectively solve problems, manage change and make informed decisions.
It would help if you also had:
- Knowledge of the current developments in the education sector
- Experience of working in a similar or comparable role
- Experience of working in an educational or regulatory environment
For further information about the role and for working at Qualsafe Group, please send your C.V. to email@example.com.